1 month Challenge

Today I take on a self imposed challenge. I am challenging myself to One month of NO Dairy, NO Meat and NO Alcohol!
As I sip my 'black' coffee, I realise not having alcohol is the easiest for me.  Although, I do suspect for many, that might be the hardest. The hardest challenge for me is not to have dairy. I am modifying it a bit so that I can keep my sanity during my month of trial!
There will be :-

  • No Milk
  • No Cheese
  • No Yoghurt
  • No Ice Cream
The part that will be tricky is not to have butter. I don't require butter on my toast in the morning but all baked goods, including bread have dairy products in them. So, that's where I draw the line. I won't worry about the occasional biscuit or cracker I have, nor the 2 pieces of dry toast I may have every other day.
Also, eggs are not included in the list of NOTS. Though I am not a huge fan of eggs, I have a Vitamin D deficiency that requires me to have an egg a day.
What would definitely be more beneficial would have been to cut out sugar and bread from my diet for a month, but since my purpose is to get healthier, not to try to kill myself, sugar and breads STAY! Without these, I would just give up the will to live!!
I think what this month will teach me is how to think before eating or more importantly, before nibbling and snacking. I come from a long line of snackers. Not only have many of us become compulsive eaters, but most of us don't even register the taste of our food any more. We mindlessly eat and that's what I hope to overcome during this month. I will need to think before putting any morsel in my mouth. 'Is this dairy? Can I eat this?'
Of course, the big achievement for me would be inch and weight loss. I assume cutting out so much from my diet should result in some form of weight loss. Although, I am not cutting sugar out entirely, without dairy a lot of desert options will be reduced, as a result sugar intake will definitely be lowered.
For years now, I have suspected that I am a little lactose intolerant. But I love my cold coffees so much,  I never gave up milk. I hope my health and my digestive system will also benefit during this month. 

Even though I am an optimistic person, I don't think I will be able to achieve the 1 month goal but I am giving it a try.
Keep Reading to see how it goes...........

Comments

Popular Posts