New Year Resolutions( written in Jan, posted in March.)

This is a list of my resolutions for 2012:
1) To exercise more
2) To write more
3) To keep in touch more
5) Read more
6) To do more for myself
7) To be outdoors more


The first one is a given. And the most common New Year's resolution that people make. The obvious effect of this would be that I would loose weight. I need to lose weight but putting that as a resolution will seem like a cliché. Number 7 (To get outdoor more) could be tied with this but I definitely need to get outdoors more. I stay indoors all the time. I have my morning coffee on my patio, in the winters and that's it for my time outside. I need to change that. I need to get out  more for walks, play in the park or garden with my son. Considering I live in New Delhi, 4 months of the summer, the heat is so unbearable that I probably won't do it then but I need to figure out the best way to achieve this.
I started a blog in October, 2011 but I have a total of 11 posts yet. I have dreams of writing a novel one day. Whether I do ever get down to it or not, I need to just start writing more.
I had a baby at the end of 2010, so almost all of 2011, I barely worked. I do need to work more.
Whether it was due to my young son or just life generally becoming busy, I have become bad at keeping in touch with my family and friends. I need to change that. I need to be more in touch with the people I love.
I love reading but lately I have been doing crosswords, Sudoko and just watching the damn idiot box! Need to get back to reading more.
I also promise myself to relax and do more things for myself. Whether its taking a long bath, going to the Beauty salon or just needing to read the paper, I have to do more for myself. And to look after my own health more.
Lets see what I achieve. We will revisit this in December, 2012.
Keep reading......

Comments

jaya said…
loved reading leeter to my son, grateful and the younger me!!!:) righfully said, all from deep down ur heart and they did touch me somehow!!:) keep writing as i see sooo mch potential and hapiness when u express though writings!!!

Popular Posts