A Letter to my Son

Dear Karambir,
As I write this, you are 10 months old and as cliché as it may sound, these have been the best 10 months of my life. I truly never believed motherhood could be as pleasurable as you have made it for me.
Far before you were ever in the picture, I was not sure I would ever have wanted a child. I was not a 'baby person.' I had no biological clock ticking but as we (your Dada and me) approached our 5th anniversary, we started talking of having a baby. And even if both of us were not sure of what we were getting into, we both wanted you.
I remember the day you were born, we woke up and went to the hospital around 6:30am. I had a scheduled C Section, so it was all planned. I was surprisingly calm. Your Dada was in the Operating Room with me. My doctor, Dr. Meenakshi was great. I was wide awake and very aware of your arrival into this world. We had the Sukhmani Sahib paath playing on the MP3 player. You were so calm, a beautiful baby. The nurses said you were the quietest baby in the hospital.
Your Naani mama and Mamiji were both in the hospital at the time of your birth. We were all, so thrilled.

And then the journey began....

These past 10 months, you have grown so much that it surprises me. And I can't believe how quickly the time has flown. When I look at you I can't help but pray for your health, your future, happiness and love. I wish for all the good things of life to be at your feet but I also pray that you will appreciate them. There is no happiness when one gets everything easily and then doesn't value it. I hope, you are never That man.
Although your Dada and me can see nothing beyond you, there will be times in the future where you won't be happy with our decisions. I hope , someday, in the future, you will realise we had to be your parents first and then your friend.
Today,  I can see it in your eyes that you look around for me, your eyes scanning the room trying to find me. As long as God's will is there, I will be right there with you. Nothing gives me more pleasure than being with you. Nothing has ever given me more pleasure than the pleasure I get when I am with you.
I wake up most mornings with the sound of your gurgles and when I look at your crib and see you, you are calling out to me. OOOH!! I don't know of words which can describe my euphoria. Each day is filled with excitement in our lives, because of you.
We love you, literally, more than you will ever know.
May you always see good health, happiness, love and success.
Love you forever,
Your Mother.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm so touched 😍🤗😢

Popular Posts