Trick or Treat



Trick or Treat!!
I grew up saying these words every 31st of October, dressing up as a fairy, a witch, once even an Indian Bride. I moved to India when I was about 10 years old and never celebrated Halloween after that, well never went door to door 'trick o treating' but I still miss this festival. Now, that I have a 11 month old, I think of taking him to Canada, when he is older, on Halloween. And its not just me, there are a number of adults who wish they could dress up and celebrate Halloween like they did when they were kids.

What is it about this festival that we love so much?
All the Candy and Chocolates are a definite plus but I don't think that's the appeal.
I think its the dressing up, getting away from the mundane. For that one day out of they year, not only do you get to dress up but you get to play a part, act the character you dress up as, and you won't be labelled crazy.
The regular routine of life requires us to be monotonous. Get up in the morning, get dressed for work, get the kids to school, make supper, clean up, etc. Every now and then, it feels nice to break the cycle and not care about the consequences. Isn't Halloween a great way to do that?

So, whether you are a child, or a parent or a single adult, indulge in the celebrations. Enjoy Halloween with full gusto and you will feel rejuvenated.

Happy Halloween!!

Comments

Popular Posts