And so it ends....



As quickly as it started, my 30 day .. NO MEAT, NO ALCOHOL, NO DAIRY challenge came to an abrupt end, on the 21st day. The reason :- I gained 2 Kilos!!  No you did not read that wrong, I did gain 2 kilos! WTF, right??

Now, I did specifically mention that it was not only for the purpose of weight loss. It was to challenge myself, to feel better and to think about what I put in my mouth. But, as I saw my weight slowly increasing to the 2 kilogram mark, I knew I could not continue.

First off, I did realize that if you put your mind to anything you can achieve it. This challenge was a lot easier than I had anticipated and I would have definitely completed the 30 days but I honestly can ot afford to gain ANY weight. That was the only reason I quit.

On the plus side, and I don't mean the weight... I did think before eating.The mindless munching stopped to quite a degree. And although I was having some sugar now and then, deserts were completely off the table,  well, almost. I did have honey glazed almonds one day and fruit cake another.

During this period, I also realized I may not be lactose intolerant, as I have always thought. Even though I had no milk or milk products, it did my digestive system no good. I felt no different. I missed yogurt more than milk. When I have my Indian vegetarian food, I miss my yogurt!

Although physically I did not feel any different, I did notice a change on my skin. It seems to glow these days even with no makeup.  And since there has been no change in my 'beauty' regime,  nor am I pregnant, I must attribute this to my diet.

Other than that to ge rid of the extra accumulated kilos plus more, I am heading back to tested waters..
Lets hope they work.

Comments

Popular Posts