Are The Rain Gods Smiling... or Frowning?


I woke up to the sound of thunder. Anyone who has experienced Delhi's summer and monsoon months knows that waking up to the sound of thunder in September is comforting. It means there is a chance one won't be covered from top to bottom in sweat, the moment you step out of your shower. It means when I wear my make-up, it won't melt before I get into my car. It means there is a chance my hair won't look like I accidentally got electrified.
As I was having my 1st cup of coffee, I looked out and realised there is nothing I can do today. The romance of this downpour is best experienced from the inside of your house. More precisely from your own window. There will be traffic jams and water logging all over the city. That is not fun at all!
So, today is my lazy day. I will stay in my PJs and watch senseless TV. And every hour, I will go look out of my window and admire the rain.

Comments

Popular Posts