Change your life

I went to see a friend yesterday.
She has been having some trouble in her marriage and I went to see how she is doing. I was pleasantly surprised. She is doing better than I expected. But since I had gone all this way, I thought, 'Let me put my two cents in.' And I hear myself telling her to close her eyes and visualise the life she wants.
Hmmm. Now let me close my eyes and visualise the life I want. 
What do I want? 
What Life do I want?
As I try to visualise this, I realise, I don't really know. So let's change this question.
What would I change about my life?
Hmmm, now I might be getting somewhere.

  1. I want my day to be a bit more organised. I have a 10 month old son so I can't plan my day too much. I mean I can plan my day but it revolves around him so there is no time to do anything extra, for myself.
  2. I want to exercise more. This has nothing to do with point 1. I am just not motivated these days, so, what I really want is to be motivated to exercise.
  3. I want to read more. I Love reading and I do read but I want to read more.
  4. I want to write more.
  5. I want to take an online course.
......... Does anyone see what's happening here?? Everything I would like to change about my life starts with  ' I want.' And all these things can be done by me and me alone. So, to change my life, all I need is me. 
What an eye opening concept.
But the big question is Will I change my life? Have you?

Comments

Popular Posts